Friday, August 21, 2015

Blast from the Past! Decorating Nightmare that Became a Trend.

Blast from the Past! Decorating Nightmare that Became a Trend.

 For real estate questions, or inquiries. Please call 502-523-5554/ e: niki@yourjourneyteam.com or visit our website:www.yourjourneyteam.com


I was trying to edit this picture to make it more appealing and less of an eyesore, but instead, this picture took me back from my childhood. I usually stay with my grand parent's house. I always love staying with my grandparents, my cousins live there, they have a backyard with lots of ducks that I chase around and sometimes the other way around. 
I also remember sitting by their old and deteriorating canoe and pretend that I was sailing by the sea. I can also remember clearly the matching sheets and curtains. Sadly, those curtains stood the test of time and still lurking inside mom's cabinet; making an appearance time to time! That made me think... what type of material was used for those curtains... Anyway, we are so used to seeing how to make everything look nice and up to date. Let's look back on the trends that were so "IN" before and make you smile remembering the good old days when you (and I) were still young.

1. The Inflatable Chair!

image source: www.viralands.com
When I was young, I always turned green with envy and  every time I see one of this in my friends or my relative's home. I always sit in this chair and refuse to let anyone use it. I don't think everyone tried to replace their furniture with this inflatable chair. Though, this inflatable chair can be found in almost every household. Nowadays, this inflatable chair can be found by the pool; which is more likely and appropriate to be used.

How long do you think this will last if you have your kitty inside your home? Any guess? 

2.  The Fluffy Bathroom!

Image source: www.homeworkremodels.net
This is not exactly the worst of all. I mean, I've seen worst, but this is cute (because, pink is my favorite color). But, you do know that everything that is in your bathroom is bound to get wet, right? 
Having a carpet and those fluffy covers in your bathroom can harbor bacteria and will definitely smell in just a matter of weeks. Again, with my memories... Yes, I remember turning green with envy every time I see something like that. I love touching the soft fluffy surface of the toilet seat and no I did not glue myself in the bathroom seat. Lol!

Read more at www.yourjourneyteam.com


No comments:

Post a Comment