Wednesday, September 16, 2015

$1000 Budget Challenge: Update Your Small Apartment The Ikea Way.

$1000 Budget Challenge: Update Your Small Apartment the Ikea Way

For Real Estate Inquiries, Please Call, Your Journey Team:  Niki Fuller at 502-523-5554 / e: niki@YourJourneyTeam.com



Earlier, my younger brother asked for any upgrades that they can do with their $1000 budget for their 1 bedroom condo unit. They got my parents hand me downs for a really long time and their furniture starting to fall apart.  He actually referred to them as their "little penny eating monsters." He also mentioned that their bed is showing some signs of tear. I'm just glad that I didn't get those hand me downs! 

 A $1000 budget is not exactly the ideal amount for their "bold leap" towards their modernization goal. We may all have our own financial difficulties, I am still in that position. I admire them for saving $1000 for the sole purpose of upgrading their 1 bedroom condo unit.

I am taking this as a $1000 challenge to buy as many "modern" stuff, The Ikea Way! All photo credits go to http://www.ikea.com

1. Living Room

 Sofa bed, coffee table, rug and Tv holder, total: $343.97


2 Floor Lamps + Soder Light= $114.97






2 Pairs of Curtains that can be mixed and match to the black and white theme. Total = 59.98


I held back with the online shopping and chose the most acceptable and low-maintenance upgrade / new stuff for their place. It was absolutely hard!

2. Kitchen

 Table + 3 chairs =$199


I wanted a new high-gloss cabinet for their kitchen and a new counter. But, the budget that was set was $1000 and I wanted to prove myself that I can do the $1000 budget that was set. I guess, they'll just have to settle with painting their cabinets.

3. Bedroom New Mattress: $299.00 - They didn't say anything about the frame and their biggest concern was their mattress... So here you go! lol!

 
And now, we'll compute the total expenses for all of the stuff that we have listed. I swear this was harder than I thought!
Sofa bed, coffee table, rug and Tv holder, total:   $343.97
2 Floor Lamps + Soder Light=                               $114.97   
2 Pairs of Curtains  Total =                                    $59.98
Table + 4 chairs =                                                  $174

New Mattress:                                                        $299.00

                                                           Total:           $991.92


They have saved a few bucks and I am still under the $1000 budget. They can still buy some accessories and paint (if they will stretch their budget)! 

How would you design or update your space with your $1000?

No comments:

Post a Comment